Read Naturally Live provides...
- An interactive reading intervention, often used for RTI implementation.
- Options to easily differentiate the program to meet individual needs.
- Motivating informational text for reluctant readers, from first grade to adult.
- Extensive, computer-generated reports on student progress.
- Nonfiction reading opportunities as required by Common Core State Standards.
- Spanish translations for stories in early Sequenced levels.
- Build fluency and motivation by reading short, nonfiction passages.
- Increase reading accuracy and expression with audio support.
- Strengthen comprehension and vocabulary.
- Develop automaticity in decoding (Phonics levels).
- Work independently most of the time.
- Experience success and an improved attitude toward reading.
Read Naturally Live accelerates reading achievement by combining the research-proven strategies of teacher modeling, repeated reading, and progress monitoring. A student works at his or her own pace in an appropriate level of material. Text and audio guide the student through the steps. The student masters a story by reading along with audio and then practicing the story until he or she can read it fluently and with comprehension. The program automatically tracks student progress.
Read Naturally Live Steps
- Select a Story
The student clicks on the story he or she wants to read. Choosing the story deepens the student’s investment in the material.
- Key Words
In the Sequenced series, the student reads the key words and their definitions while listening to an audio recording. The key words provide definitions that are important to understanding the story. In the Phonics series, the student listens to a phonics lesson and reads words that have the featured phonics patterns.
The student uses the title, picture, and key words to write a prediction of what he or she thinks the story is about. The prediction prepares the student’s mind for reading the story.
- Cold Timing
The teacher may time the student, usually for one minute, as he or she reads the story, or the student may complete this step independently. The student clicks unknown words while reading, and then clicks the last word read during the timing. Read Naturally Live subtracts the unknown words from the total number of words attempted to obtain a cold-timing score and displays it on a graph. This step establishes a baseline for progress monitoring, the component of the Read Naturally Strategy that motivates the student to improve.
- Read Along
The student reads along quietly with a recording of the story, typically three times. This step is the teacher-modeling component of the Read Naturally Strategy, which helps the student learn new words and master others as well as learn proper pronunciation, expression, and phrasing.
The student practices reading the story without audio support three to ten times until able to read it accurately, with expression, and at the goal rate. This step is the repeated-reading component of the Read Naturally Strategy, which helps the student improve fluency, master difficult words, and understand the story.
The student answers questions about the story. Responding to the text holds the student accountable for meaning, develops the ability to answer many types of questions, and provides teachers with information about how well the student comprehends the story.
- Retell/Word List
In the Sequenced series, the student retells or summarizes the story to improve comprehension.
In the Phonics series, the student works on decoding skills by practicing the word list until able to read it accurately at a predetermined rate.
The student reads the story for the teacher to show that he or she can read it at the goal rate, with appropriate expression, and with three or fewer errors. The teacher corrects or reviews the comprehension questions with the student and the retelling of the story (if applicable).
In the Phonics series, the student also reads the word list to show that he or she can read it with three or fewer errors at the goal rate. A graph shows how much the student’s fluency has improved since the cold timing.
Additional graphs show results for the comprehension questions, the retelling, and the word lists (if applicable).
Read Naturally Live subscriptions include access to all 19 levels of two series with 24 stories per level. Both series have the same basic design with strategic differences.
- Sequenced series is the basic series and has 13 levels (1.0 – 8.0).
- Phonics series adds phonics lessons and activities to the basic design and has 6 levels (0.8 – 2.7).
Read Naturally Live is a subscription program, licensed per student. Teachers can reassign licenses if students leave the program.
The teacher assigns the appropriate series and level for each student. The student works through the level in the student module, and the teacher manages the student's progress in the teacher module.
High-interest, leveled, nonfiction stories include:
- Key words, clickable vocabulary words, and comprehension activities.
- Spanish translation of each story in Sequenced levels 1.0 – 4.5.
Extensive audio support includes:
- Three appropriately paced recordings that model correct pronunciation and expression.
- Pronunciation of words in stories when clicked.
- Audio for key words in the Sequenced series and for a phonics lesson in the Phonics series.
- Clickable vocabulary words with audio-supported, student-friendly definitions.
- Spanish translation of each story in Sequenced levels 1.0 – 4.5.
- Auditory signals that indicate if a student's responses to multiple choice items are correct or incorrect.
Structured instructional process includes:
- Automated steps built around teacher modeling, repeated reading, and progress monitoring.
- A wait-time vocabulary-building activity.
Computerized scoring and extensive reports include:
- Automated correction of multiple-choice questions.
- Calculation of fluency, phonics, and comprehension scores.
- Graphs and reports showing student performance.
Set up of account for district, building, classroom, staff, and/or students include:
- Enrolling staff and students.
- Licensing staff and students.
Management of student programs includes:
- Placement of each student in a level and series with an appropriate reading-rate goal.
- Easily customized options for individual students and extensive student reports.
- Printable stories, reports, parent letters, awards, and completion certificates.
Online User Guide includes:
- Step-by step instructions for working in the software and "how to" section on setting up Read Naturally Live.
- Lesson plans for introducing the program to students.
ONLINE RESOURCES AND TECH SUPPORT
Free web resources include:
- Read Live Instant Demo, Read Live Quick-Start Guide, and Read Live Online Help.
- Crossword puzzle for each story.
- Comparison questions in Sequenced levels 5.0 and above.
- Fidelity checklist, full-color steps poster, phonics elements list, worksheets for transitioning from Encore or ME to Read Naturally Live, story title labels.
Tech Support includes free:
- E-mail support and updates.
- Web support including a knowledgebase.
- Phone support.
To use Read Live software, your computer must meet the following minimum system requirements:
Operating System Compatibility
- Windows XP and higher
- Mac OS X 10.5 and higher
- Chrome OS
- Google Chrome versions 17 and higher (recommended)
- Mozilla Firefox versions 4 and higher
- Microsoft Internet Explorer versions 8 and higher
- Apple Safari versions 5 and higher (Mac OS only)
- 512 Kbps and faster (Dial-up connection is not supported.)
- Ability to play audio (headphones preferred)
- Read Naturally Live iPad app
Download from the iTunes App Store
- Read Naturally Live subscription
- iOS 5 or later
- Internet connection, 512 Kbps or faster
- Headphones recommended for audio support
Read Naturally Live Instant Demo
Thank you for your interest in evaluating Read Naturally Live, a reading intervention from Read Naturally, and part of the Read Live program.
About the Instant Demo
The Instant Demo enables you to easily experience the core steps of the Read Naturally Live program. Explore how it provides individualized, differentiated instruction for each student as it develops fluency, supports vocabulary, and promotes comprehension and phonics skills. No downloading, installation, setup or licensing is required. Just complete the form below with your contact information, and you’ll receive passwords and instructions for working through the steps of a Read Naturally Live story as a student in any of the following levels:
- Phonics 1.8
- Sequenced 2.5
- Sequenced 6.0
You will have full access to the features of the program within these levels and can experience how your students will use the program. You may run the Instant Demo as many times as you wish.
Note: This demo is not accessible from the Read Naturally Live iPad app. To try the iPad app, you can register for a free 60-day trial. Once you have set up your trial account, your students can access Read Naturally Live from the Read Naturally Live iPad app or from any computer with a compatible web browser.
Register for the Instant Demo
Please complete the form below to gain access to the Read Naturally Live instant demo.
Minimum system requirements
Read Naturally Live iPad App
Teachers set up and manage Read Live using a web browser (see supported web browsers). Students can access the Read Naturally Live curriculum either by using a web browser or by using the free Read Naturally Live app for Apple iPads.
Read Naturally Live Annual Subscriptions
Pricing for Read Naturally Live is heavily discounted when purchasing multiple seats. Contact us for custom pricing.
|Description ||Item Number ||Item Price, $ |
|1-5 seats ||RL01A || $149.00 |
|6-29 seats ||RL01B || $49.83 |
|30-129 seats ||RL01C || $19.97 |
|130+ seats ||RL01D || $15.38 |
What Customers Say About Read Naturally Live
"We are successfully integrating the Read Live components with our literacy program. Students are highly motivated to apply taught strategies and are truly interested in the range of topics offered. The ability to customize this program allows us to meet the needs of each student."
— Nancy, Classroom Teacher, Exeter, NH
"We serve a large population of second language learners at our school. Because they are all at different fluency levels, it was hard to give them the instruction and attention that they needed. Read Live is the perfect solution. It reaches all learners at their fluency level and allows them to work at their own pace. It truly is a fabulous program."
— Esther, ELL Administrator, Ojai, CA
"I have found Read Naturally to be an excellent intervention for building reading fluency. The levels are well sequenced, interesting, and the non-fiction stories build the students' vocabulary and knowledge. My students are motivated to use it, and they can work for the most part independently, allowing me to work with more students at a time and still be effective. The Read Live version is the best!"
— Barbara H., Special Education Teacher, Missoula, MT
Debbie Matz Apr 17, 2014
We tried the trial Read Live program and were very pleased. We purchased the program and our tier 2 intervention students are much more motivated using this program than when they were using the paper version. The reports are great for sharing at our RtI meetings too.Thank you!
Janene Weaver Apr 17, 2014
Since we have started using the program our fluency scores have increased greatly and we have been able to provide intervention for a greater number of kids.
Jenifer Apr 17, 2014
Read Live is wonderful. I enjoy listening to the stories that the students read to me. We are all learning so many interesting things about science and social studies. I am a music teacher who was asked to work worth a small group of students needing more help in reading. In desperation, I went to Google and found Read Live. After a free trial period, I convinced my administrators to purchase 30 seats. This has been very user friendly. I called a few times with questions and everyone was always nice and helpful to me. I downloaded some instructions that were also easy to follow. We love the program here. I am trying to convince more educators to use this in their schools.
Angela Kopit Apr 8, 2014
My students are making amazing progress with Read Live. They are very excited about monitoring their progress and are completely engaged in the stories. Reports are awesome and so easy to interpret. Parents and students can really see progress. It also gives me great data for setting IEP goals. I am your greatest fan. This program makes me feel like I am truly making a difference in my students' lives.
Brenda Apr 7, 2014
I am very happy with the results of Read Live so far! My students are very motivated!
Becky Apr 7, 2014
Our students are making progress with reading fluency and comprehension using Read Live. We like the flexibility Read Live gives us. Each student can start at their level and work at their own pace. They also like to make it a competition, and that is motivating for them.
Janet Apr 7, 2014
We are so glad that we have this program. It follows the research for best practices in fluency instruction and intervention. Our students have made great gains as evidenced by our progress monitoring data. I don't know what we would have done without it!
Jackie Uphoff Apr 7, 2014
I have tutored in a reading lab using Read Naturally for twelve years. We are now using Read Naturally Live. We have gone through the upgrades over the years and the program just gets better and better! Not only has it improved test scores but also the interest in reading and pride of the students as they see their improvement. It is a valuable tool for teachers, students, and parents.
Kay Mar 11, 2014
My school district started using the cassette version in 1998, and we switched to the Software Edition in 2005. Now we are moving to Read Naturally Live, the Cadillac of this successful reading intervention. Read Naturally has increased the reading achievement of thousands of students in our district over the last fifteen years, and we plan to use it for years to come!