How Funēmics Addresses Common Core Standards
Read Naturally's Funēmics is well-suited to support core reading programs and address the Phonological Awareness area of the Foundational Skills as described below.
Standard: Demonstrate understanding of spoken words, syllables, and sounds (phonemes).
Funēmics lessons introduce sounds to develop understanding of spoken words, syllables and sounds (phonemes). Students meet all of the kindergarten and first grade expectations of the CCSS through developmentally appropriate lessons designed to provide:
- Modeling from both the teacher and peers.
- Many opportunities for repeated practice as a group and individually.
KIndergarten standards met:
- Recognize and produce rhyming words.
- Count, pronounce, blend, and segment syllables in spoken words.
- Blend and segment onsets and rimes of single-syllable spoken words.
- Isolate and pronounce the initial, medial vowel, and final sounds (phonemes) in three-phoneme (consonant-vowel-consonant, or CVC) words.
- Add or substitute individual sounds (phonemes) in simple, one-syllable words to make new words.
First Grade standards met:
- Distinguish long from short vowel sounds in spoken single-syllable words.
- Orally produce single-syllable words by blending sounds (phonemes), including consonant blends.
- Isolate and pronounce initial, medial vowel, and final sounds (phonemes) in spoken single-syllable words.
- Segment spoke single-syllable words into their complete sequence of individual sounds (phonemes).
FOR MORE INFORMATION
| ||Funēmics |
Small-group instruction to teach phonemic awareness using scripted curriculum and interactive exercises.
Learn more about Funēmics