Read Live: Setting up your account
When a Read Live account is first set up for you, Read Naturally sends an activation e-mail to the person designated as the main account administrator. This e-mail contains important information about setting up your Read Live account.
In the following instructions, tabs are located towards the top left of the page, links are just below the tabs, and buttons are at the top of a list area (often towards the middle of the screen) and to the right.
To set up your Read Live account:
- Log into Read Live:
- Go to the unique web address (beginning with readlive.readnaturally.com) provided in the activation e-mail that was sent to the main account administrator at your school or institution. If you did not receive this e-mail, check your spam or junk-mail folder.
- On the login page, click Check System Requirements on the upper-right to verify that your computer meets the requirements for running Read Live.
- On the login page, enter the user ID and password specified in your activation e-mail, and click Log in.
- The first time you log in, you are required to change your password:
- In the New Password and Verify New Password fields, enter your new password, and click Save. Staff member passwords are case sensitive.
- In the Security Question menu, select a question. If you forget your password, you will be prompted to answer this question to access the software.
- In the Answer box, enter an answer that you will easily remember. Answers are not case sensitive.
- Click Save.
- Add schools, then staff members, then students:
- Click the Setup tab, if it is not already showing.
- Your account must have at least one school: if necessary, click the Schools link, and then click the Add School button.
- Add staff members besides yourself who will be working with Read Live (if any): click the Staff Members link, and then click the Add Staff Member button.
- To add students, do one of the following:
- To import data for multiple students, click the Import link and follow the instructions.
- To add students individually, click the Students tab, click the Summary link, and then click the Add Student button.
- Allocate, distribute, and assign licenses:
- Click the Licensing tab.
- Allocate licenses to schools: click the Allocate to Schools link, enter the number of licenses you would like to allocate to each school, and click Save.
- Distribute licenses to staff members: click the Distribute to Staff Members link, select a school, update the number of licenses for each staff member as appropriate, and click Save.
Note: If you are the only staff member working with Read Live, distribute all of the licenses to yourself.
- Assign licenses to students: click the Assign to Students link, and select the school and program teacher whose license you are assigning. In the row with the student's name, check the boxes for the licenses you want to assign, and click Save at the bottom of the page.
- Place students individually in Read Naturally Live using the built-in placement test. The Read Live User Guide includes complete instructions for placing students. To get started:
- Click the Students tab.
- Click the Read Naturally Live link to view students with Read Naturally Live licenses.
- Locate the name of a student you would like to place, and in the Action column, click Place.
For more information:
Read Live User Guide
Read Live How-To Videos