Webinar Video: Read Naturally Live: Checking student placement
Presented October 6, 2015 by Karen Hunter, Read Naturally Educational Consultant.
Proper placement is critical to student success. You can accelerate a student's achievement by using Read Naturally Live's built-in placement test and then checking initial placement after the student has completed the first three to six stories. By checking initial placement, you can determine if the student's initial level and goal are appropriate, or if you should adjust either the level or the goal.
Slides for this webinar
Read Naturally Live Checking Initial Placement Procedure
Read Naturally Live Fidelity Checklist
- Why proper placement is critical to each student’s success.
- Why it’s important to check a student’s initial placement after the first three to six stories.
- Why the teacher should be present during the cold timing for at least the first three stories.
- What are the key criteria used to evaluate a student’s initial placement level and goal.
- How to generate a Students At-a-Glance report and how to analyze the data.
- How to determine when a student’s initial level and goal are appropriate and when a student’s initial level or goal should be adjusted.
- How to receive a FREE resource on the Read Naturally website—the step-by-step instructions for Checking Initial Placement plus a worksheet for analyzing your students’ results!
60 minutes (includes Q&A)
- Classroom teachers
- Reading specialists
- Title I teachers
- Special Ed and RTI teachers
- Curriculum specialists
Contact Read Naturally