Webcast Video: What we need to know about reading fluency
Jan Hasbrouck, Ph.D., presents an overview of reading fluency, including a definition of fluency and current research on the importance of fluency, how to assess fluency, and how to teach fluency.
Topics in This Webcast
- Definition of reading fluency
- Five key instructional components of reading (phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension support)
- Why fluency is important (Fluency is a bridge to comprehension.)
- How to assess reading fluency (prosody, accuracy, and rate)
- How fluent should students be (oral reading fluency norms)?
- How to teach reading fluency (research on fluency instruction)
MORE ABOUT READING FLUENCY