Read Live Support
March 3, 2014 - Due to ongoing heavy usage of the Read Live program, some Read Live customers have reported error messages and slow system performance. On Saturday, March 1, we upgraded the performance of our database. We continue to work on improving performance as quickly as possible to ensure that you and your students will be able to use Read Live with minimal disruption.
Feb 20, 2014: After the rollout of Read Live 1.5, some teachers and students experienced slow performance or were unable to sign in. We have reverted back to the previous version of Read Live while we work to resolve these problems. We apologize for any disruptions we have caused.
Feb. 14, 2014: The Read Live software was updated to version 1.5. The new version addresses some performance issues experienced by some customers. In this version, reports continue to show an inaccurate value for the amount of time a student has worked.
Read more about this issue
To minimize issues that could result from the change, please clear your browser’s cache.
How to clear your browser's cache
If you experience problems even after clearing your browser's cache, please contact Read Naturally.
Starting a New School Year
At the beginning of a new school year, Read Live teachers and administrators who have used Read Live in the past need to do some account maintenance. Someone at your account will need to perform these tasks:
See also: Starting a new school year
- Read Live System Requirements
- Resetting stories that experience fault response messages
- Read Naturally Live reports show inaccurate time spent by students
- Setting up your Read Live account
- Transitioning your students from Read Naturally ME or SE to Read Naturally Live
- Starting a new school year
- Advancing students to the next grade
- Assigning new homeroom teachers
- Reassigning a license to another student and teacher
- Clearing your web browser’s cache
- IMPORTANT: Students using Read Naturally Live hear no audio and/or receive a "connection lost" or "delay" message
- Reports for some students show the amount of time spent on some stories as excessively high
- Student reports show hot timing results as N/A or that the hot timing has not been completed
- No reports generated after clicking "Generate Report" button
Frequently Asked Questions
- What do I need to consider before having my students work in Read Naturally Live at home over the summer?
- How do I set up parents to conduct timings for students who work in Read Naturally Live at home?
- If I tested outside the recommended testing windows, can I use Benchmark Assessor Live reports to evaluate student reading?
- Why do I have so many licenses for Benchmark Assessor Live?
- Can I use results from Benchmark Assessor Live, DIBELS, or other assessment tools to place students in Read Naturally Live?
- Frequently Asked Questions About Merged Read Live Accounts
- Why are all of the stories nonfiction?
Read Live Manuals, Videos, and Online Help
- Accessing the Read Live User Guide
- Read Live Quick-Start Guide (PDF)
- Read Live How-To Videos
- Read Live Online Help (Read Live manuals, videos, and resources)