Read Live Support
October 25: Because of recent performance issues, some students have not been able to access Read Live due to a “fault response” message that appears when the student first logs in or clicks Next to move to the next step. If most of your students can work in the program without errors, but one or two students are getting a “fault response” message on a story started before October 24, you may need to reset that student’s story.
October 18: The Read Live software was updated to version 1.4.4. The new version partially addresses performance issues experienced by some customers. As a result of this change, reports show an inaccurate value for the amount of time a student has worked.
To minimize issues that could result from the change, please clear your browser’s cache.
How to clear your browser's cache
If you experience problems even after clearing your browser's cache, please contact Read Naturally.
Starting a New School Year
At the beginning of a new school year, Read Live teachers and administrators who have used Read Live in the past need to do some account maintenance. Someone at your account will need to perform these tasks:
See also: Starting a new school year
- Read Live System Requirements
- Resetting stories that experience fault response messages
- Read Naturally Live reports show inaccurate time spent by students
- Support for the Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 web browser
- Setting up your Read Live account
- Transitioning your students from Read Naturally ME or SE to Read Naturally Live
- Starting a new school year
- Advancing students to the next grade
- Assigning new homeroom teachers
- Reassigning a license to another student and teacher
- Clearing your web browser’s cache
- IMPORTANT: Students using Read Naturally Live hear no audio and/or receive a "connection lost" or "delay" message
- Reports for some students show the amount of time spent on some stories as excessively high
- Student reports show hot timing results as N/A or that the hot timing has not been completed
- No reports generated after clicking "Generate Report" button
Frequently Asked Questions
- What do I need to consider before having my students work in Read Naturally Live at home over the summer?
- How do I set up parents to conduct timings for students who work in Read Naturally Live at home?
- If I tested outside the recommended testing windows, can I use Benchmark Assessor Live reports to evaluate student reading?
- Why do I have so many licenses for Benchmark Assessor Live?
- Can I use results from Benchmark Assessor Live, DIBELS, or other assessment tools to place students in Read Naturally Live?
- Frequently Asked Questions About Merged Read Live Accounts
- Why are all of the stories nonfiction?
Read Live Manuals, Videos, and Online Help
- Accessing the Read Live User Guide
- Read Live Quick-Start Guide (PDF)
- Read Live How-To Videos
- Read Live Online Help (Read Live manuals, videos, and resources)