How to update the RNSEServer service on Windows servers
If you are running SE version 2.0.2 on a Windows server and you receive error codes 1019, 10053, and/or 10054, you may be able to resolve the problem by replacing the RNSEServer service with an updated version.
To update the RNSEServer service on the Windows server:
- Stop the RNSEServer service on the Windows server computer by performing these steps:
- Choose Start > Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.
- In the list of services, select RNSEServer and click Stop.
- Browse to the location of the RNSEServer.exe and server.dll files. (The default location is C:\Program Files\RNSEServer\RNSEServer.)
- Rename RNSEServer.exe to RNSEServer.exeOLD, and rename server.dll to server.dllOLD.
- Download the file RNSEServer.zip.
- With a data compression utility (for example, WinZip), extract the file RNSEServer.zip. It contains updated versions of RNSEServer.exe and server.dll.
- Move the new RNSEServer.exe and server.dll files into the location where the old files were. (The default location is C:\Program Files\RNSEServer\RNSEServer.)
- Restart the RNSEServer Service by performing these steps:
- Maximize the Services window you opened in step 1.
- In the list of services, select RNSEServer and click Start.
- Make sure that the Startup Type for the RNSEServer service is Automatic. If it's not, right-click RNSEServer and choose Properties to change it.
- Close the Services window.