Sign up today for a free
web-based overview of
— Heather A., Resource Specialist, Winchester, CA
Share Your Story
Read Naturally Software Edition (SE)
Read Naturally Software Edition (SE) develops fluency, supports vocabulary development, and promotes comprehension using the powerful, research-based Read Naturally strategy, taking advantage of the benefits and functionality
HOW IT WORKS
Text and audio prompts guide students through the steps of the program, maximizing their time on task. Read Naturally SE includes a modeling step (Read Along), a repeated reading step (Practice), and progress monitoring using computer-generated graphs of student scores. Students work in Read Naturally SE three to five times a week for at least 30 minutes a day.
- Pictures, animations, and sounds engage students and provide feedback.
- Professional recordings synchronize with the story text during the Read Along step.
- To develop vocabulary, students hear important words pronounced and defined.
- The software automatically calculates reading scores and evaluates multiple-choice questions.
Teacher Management & Utilities
- Easily customize the steps to tailor the program to each studentís needs by skipping steps for advanced students or changing the amount of time allowed for certain steps
- A placement program automates the process of determining the best level and goal for each student
- Built-in reports track studentsí progress and indicate when adjustments are needed.
- Database utilities enable you to import, back up, and manage data.
Manuals & Online Help
Online help, Teacherís Guide, Software Guide, Answer Guide, Quick-Start Guide, Level Installation Guide
- Free e-mail support
- Free software updates
- Free web support including a knowledgebase
- Free phone support for one year after purchase (available after the first year on a subscription basis, see Read Naturally Software Support Plans)
Two versions of Read Naturally SE are available:
|The stand-alone version installs the Read Naturally SE software on one computer. Student, teacher, and class data is stored locally on that computer. When students read the stories, the CD containing the stories for their level must be in the computer's CD drive, and students must return to the same computer each time they use the software.|
|Order SE Stand-Alone|
SE Network Plus
|With SE Network Plus, the stories as well as student, teacher, and class data are stored on a school or district server, making it possible for students, teachers, and administrators to work from any computer connected to the server.|
|More about SE Network Plus|
|Order SE Network Plus|
SE Sequenced Series
|The Sequenced series uses the principles of the Read Naturally strategy to develop fluency and promote vocabulary and comprehension development. Each level in the series includes 24 high-interest nonfiction stories.
|Levels Available: 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 5.0, 5.6, 6.0, 7.0, 8.0|
|Order Sequenced Series for SE Stand-Alone|
|Order Sequenced Series for SE Network Plus|
SE Phonics Series
|The Phonics series uses the principles of the Read Naturally strategy to develop fluency and phonics. The phonics levels feature stories and word lists that give students practice with particular sounds. Each level in the series includes 24 high-interest nonfiction stories.|
|Levels Available: 0.8 (Word Families/Short Vowels), 1.3 (Word Families/Long Vowels), 1.8 (Blends and Digraphs), 2.3 (R-Controlled and Other Letter Combinations), 2.6 (Short Vowels), 2.7 (Long Vowels)|
|Order Phonics Series for SE Stand-Alone|
|Order Phonics Series for SE Network Plus|
SE Spanish Series
|The Spanish levels are translations of the corresponding ME Sequenced series levels. Each level in the series includes 24 high-interest nonfiction stories.|
|Levels Available: 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, 2.5, 3.5, 4.5|
|Order Spanish Series for SE Stand-Alone|
|Order Spanish Series for SE Network Plus|
SE American Manners & Customs Series
|This series is designed to inform students about American manners and customs while developing fluency, promoting vocabulary, and improving comprehension. Each level in the series includes 12 nonfiction stories.|
|Levels Available: 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5|
|Order American Manners & Customs Series for SE Stand-Alone|
|Order American Manners & Customs Series for SE Network Plus|
SE Idioms Series
|This series helps students improve their reading fluency while also learning common idioms such as "spill the beans" and "pinch pennies." Each level in the series includes 12 nonfiction stories.|
|Levels Available: 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5|
|Order Idioms Series for SE Stand-Alone|
|Order Idioms Series for SE Network Plus|