— Michelle B., Special Education Teacher, Becket, MA
Read Naturally Full-Day Seminars
Read Naturally’s highly effective programs develop students' fluency, support vocabulary, and promote comprehension using the powerful, research-based Read Naturally strategy. Our seminars, taught by nationally recognized educators, will help you set up a new Read Naturally program—or maximize the effectiveness of your existing program—to help students improve their reading skills and test scores.
- The importance of attaining fluency and how fluency directly correlates with comprehension.
- To combine the research-based strategies of teacher modeling, repeated reading, and self-monitoring of progress to significantly improve fluency, support vocabulary, and promote comprehension in developing readers.
- To identify students who need a fluency intervention.
- To individually place students in appropriate reading levels in Read Naturally and to set appropriate reading-rate goals.
- To adjust students’ reading levels and goal rates in Read Naturally to accelerate their reading achievement.
- To motivate students to become excited about reading.
- The information and skills necessary to accelerate the reading achievement of your students.
- Seminar packets including research, stories and guidelines for placement, program implementation tips, and a bibliography.
- Your choice of one of the following self-study options:
- Read Live users: Read Live Hands-On Training Workbook
- Encore/ME users: Read Naturally Encore Teacher's Manual
- SE users: Read Naturally SE Self-Study Course
- With all materials: Your choice of one of the following Read Naturally programs (up to a $298.00 value):
- Two Read Naturally Live seats (12-month subscription) for two students, including 13 Sequenced and 6 Phonics levels of curriculum
- One level of Read Naturally Encore, including blackline masters with audio support on audio CDs, plus a timer and steps poster.
- One level of Read Naturally Software Edition, stand-alone version, plus a steps poster
- One level of Read Naturally GATE
- One level of Word Warm-ups
- One level of Signs for Sounds
- Reading Fluency Benchmark Assessor, one-teacher license
- Read Naturally ME Decision Assistant, stand-alone license
Click the Location name for details about the seminar location. Click the Instructor name for information about the seminar presenter.